Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today It Hit

I've been away from my wife no more than eight or nine days in our marriage. We've been tied at the hip since eighth grade so being away from each other is a big deal. Unfortunately, part of being in the military is separation from your family. I've learned from going to conferences, mission trips, and other trips that have taken me away from my family, that the busier I am the less I dwell on missing my family. I always think about my family, there's no getting around that. Today, the loneliness hit. I anticipated this. We have a three-day weekend because of Memorial Day. I knew that if I didn't stay busy enough, I'd be lonely. I went on a three-mile hike today and that helped, but while setting in my room there's too much time to think. Tuesday we have a TDC (Team Development Course) and Wednesday we have the NBC chamber, so it will get better.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me we miss you also. I try to stay just as busy so I do not miss you! It is hard without you here helping take care of the kids! It will be over with before we know it and you will be getting off the plane in KY!!

    ReplyDelete